Tuesday, May 6, 2008

C'Mon Now. You can't be Jesus!


He said, “My name is Jesus.”

I was boarding a plane in Nashville , Tennessee for a trip to Mexico to present books and Sunday school material we had printed into Spanish to a denominational convention.

As I entered the aisle of seats, I looked down to see where I would be seated. Immediately I saw I would be sitting next to a long haired bearded fellow who was looking out the window.

I said to myself now Alton you are not prejudice, why are you thinking “I thought that went out in the 60’s.” Finally, I sat down as he continued to look outward. Well, I was looking this guy over pretty good. His hair was well kept and his beard well trimmed and the suit better than the one I was wearing. However, I could not get his lifestyle out of my wondering mind.

As the airplane started it’s takeout and ascent into the sky, he looked over at me and without thinking I reached out my hand to shake his and said “my name is Alton Loveless!” His response to me took me back suddenly when he said, ‘How are you Mr. Loveless? My name is Jesus.” Now I have been surprised before, but never like this. Then He saw my composure had changed drastically and said, “No my name is Randy Brooks and I play the part of Jesus Christ in a passion play near Ft. Worth .” That guy could not stop communicating with me about his part in the production and the person of whom he played. He witnessed to me all the way to Texas where I changed planes.

What a lesson I was taught that day. A Minister to good to talk to a person just because of the way he looked. Until that day I had never been that way before. I have learned that none of us look alike, but all of us have a soul that needs to be redeemed. Our race or dress may be different but to the Lord there is none.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

No comments: