Sunday, March 1, 2009

ALL TRIPS HAVE A PURPOSE

MISSION OF BLESSING

It is interesting how the Lord knows how to bless His children by putting someone near to help at the right time.

Such was the case as my wife and I were visiting some missionary families in France.

We had planned to visit Switzerland, but our friends who were to take us could not. However, this would enable us to spend some extra days in Paris before returning back to the United States.

Our friends, who were serving on the Atlanta coast in Lorient, had agreed to drive us to Paris and were eager to do so even though the wife had not been feeling well for some weeks. Most of the local physicians had not been able to find any reason for some of her painful symptoms.

As the day arrived to leave she expressed that she was fit for the trip and it might do her good to get away for a few days.

Since it was a full day's trip she grew weary before days end and she was quite ill. After finding a place to stay, her husband took her to the American hospital where she was admitted. The next day she was operated on and a four inch tumor was removed. God had allowed us to be with our friends at a crisis time. Their children were for a few days, not our chore, but rather our guides in Paris.

Both spoke fluent French having been raised in the French speaking country of the Ivory Coast, Africa, and France.

Everywhere we went over this huge city they were "business like" in showing us around. Whether it was on a boat trip down the Seine, going up the Eiffel Tower, or buying cotton candy in the mall, they gave us five star tours while their father was able to stay with his infirmed wife.

Our families were able to be a blessing to each other. Often I think of the following Bible truths:

Deut. 31:6, “Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was an honor to meet you and learn from you these last few days Dr Loveless.
I wanted to go ahead and share some of my testimony with you.
Our Father has been very good to me. I give Him thanks for all he has done.
I have made multiple sites. I love to write. This is my profile at hubpages and if you would read the Froggy's World hubs, you can see much of my life.
http://hubpages.com/profile/Froggy213

I am going to bookmark your blog as who better to learn from than a former CEO of Randall House.

Thank you for living for Jesus.

Also the site my name below links to is a site I am building. I believe you will like it.